Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cupcake Debacle

I have bad bad news readers. I had high hopes for this weekend's cupcake recipe - S'mores. Now although (and this may come as a shock) I'm not the biggest fan of marshmellows, I do love chocolate and graham crackers. And the recipe I tried had crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips in the batter. What could be more delicious than that?? A lot of things apparently. The recipe did NOT turn out well and there is nothing more upsetting than making cupcakes and having them not be delicious. Problem 1 - I used mini kisses instead of chocolate chips since I couldn't find milk chocolate chips in the grocery store. Well I guess they were too big for the cupcakes because they all sunk to the bottom. Problem 2 - something went awry in the baking because the cupcakes were sticking to the paper and too soft on top to ice.

Bottom line, it was a bad cupcake experience. According to Vowelz, the only other taste tester, they taste like chocolate chip corn muffins. I still can't figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Especially since there's no corn in the batter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me...or did you just receive the comment version of unsolicited credit card offers in the mail?? It's even the same basic premise: we like you, here's a little somethin' for ya. On to more serious issues. These cupcakes were not as bad as the vibrant, vivacious and voluptuous Miss Tara would have you believe. They were tasty in their own unique, red-headed stepchild sort've way. I stand by my description that they tasted like chocolate-chip corn muffins. Whether such muffins exist, I can't say, but these cupcakes make me think they should. All in all a rare miss for this budding superstar of the cupcake world, and let me say I have every confidence that her next batch will be a more accurate representation of her culinary skills.