Monday, January 15, 2007

Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes

I decided to stray from the Cupcake Bible this week. A few weeks ago when I was in San Jose, my brother's friend made a Chocolate-cinnamon Coffee Cake and it was the most delicious thing I've had in awhile (most delicious thing that wasn't a cupcake, that is). So I decided to try my hand at creating my own little cupcakes from this fantastic cake recipie. And here they are...

Beware of the richness in these...and if you want more rich chocolatey goodness, just add more chocolate chips :)

Makes about 24.
  • One box of white or yellow cake mix (I used yellow; you'll need all the ingredients listed for the cake)

  • 1 cup brown sugar

  • 1 cup chocolate chips

  • 1 tbs cinnamon

  • 1 tbs coffee (I didn't use the coffee but if you did, this would become the Chocolate Cinnamon Coffee cupcakes)

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix the brown sugar, chocolate chips, cinnamon and coffee in one bowl and set aside.

3. Mix the batter per instructions on the cake box.

4. Fill about 1/4 of the cupcake papers with batter; put layer of sugar/cinnamon mixture on top. Pour rest of batter in and top off with the cinnamon mixture (which I didn't do, sorry).

5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.

6. Top with more chocolate chips and eat up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot step 6:
Eat somewhere between 2 and 4 of them and then swear off eating for the next several weeks.

and step 7:
Go to bed, wake up, have one for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Just looking at the pictures of these cups of cake gives me a funny feeling in my pants...perhaps i should consult a priest.

Tara said...

Since I am pretty sure the chocolate mousse cupcakes I made are going to be gone in approximately 2 days, these will have to be next. YUM.

Who would have guessed Vowelz had such a cupcake fetish?