Monday, January 8, 2007

Johnny Cupcakes

One night when I was frantically searching for a much-needed cupcake, I stumbled upon this store in Boston. I was so excited, I galloped through the front door and headed for the counter. But there were no cupcakes! No cupcakes? In JOHNNY CUPCAKES?! I went to the counter and asked, "Where are the cupcakes??" The man told me they had some earlier, but were out. Then I turned, and what to my wondering eyes should appear? An entire store full of cupcake clothing and gear! With t-shirts and pins and underwear too, I knew in a moment my dream had come true. "Make cupcakes, not war," one t-shirt proclaimed - and every article of clothing was displayed on a baking sheet, or in a cake box, or in a refrigerator! What a find!! What a delicious start for 2007, Year of the Cupcake!

1 comment:

Tara said...

You wrote a mini cupcake poem? You are my hero. And I never want to hear about you not being able to write well again!!