Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bruce Rupp Care Packages

Back in the 1st part of the glory days at Boston College, my dad used to send me care packages every time finals rolled around. They were filled with all sorts of bad-for-you deliciousness like chocolate covered pretzels, M&Ms, and of course Oreo cookies. (During December finals, it also usually included some sort of singing stuffed reindeer or snowman as well). ANYWAYS....for spring semester finals our senior year, my dad had included a package of double-stuff oreos, which I brought with me to the dining hall for a long afternoon of studying (in case you were wondering, I did all of my studying at various dining halls on campus so that I could reward myself with food). Upon arriving at said dining hall, I found Julie there, also spending a day studying. We proceeded to eat just about the whole package of those double-stuffs and I'm not gonna lie, they were DELICIOUS. As I remember it, there wasn't a whole lot of studying accomplished that day but we were 2nd semester seniors and I already had a job. Why I was studying at all is beyond me. My love of oreos stays strong to this day.

This day also lives in infamy for other reasons, but that is a story for my next blog: DrunkandInappropriate.blogspot.com

No comments: