Monday, January 8, 2007

2007 is the Year of the Cupcake...

..and this blog is dedicated to all things cupcakes!! This all started in Seattle on December 29, 2006 (not my love of cupcakes, just the idea for the blog). My life partner, Seema (co-author on this blog) and I discovered a book called Cupcakes Galore at a store in Seattle - it was a book dedicated to awesome cupcake recipes. We knew we had to have it and bought copies immediately (funny side story about this - the book I bought had a sticker marked $10.50, although the price imprinted on book was marked $16.95. I buy my book and continue browsing as Seema goes to check out. Her book was coming up as $16.95 so she told the lady I had gotten mine for $10.50. The Sales Lady said it was a mistake and demanded i pay the difference for her mistake. The whole situation was very awkward indeed and I ended up paying $3 more for the book than I originally had after she gave me her employee discount. I really should have just run out of the store. But I will not let this fiasco ruin what is a truly glorious book.) Anyways, I digress.

Shortly after this, I texted Patrick (another co-author) - cupcakes are often the only things that gets us through our long, tedious work days so I knew he would be psyched by my find. He replied that he had tons of cupcake stories to tell me from the holidays. Anyone with tons of cupcake stories, needs a cupcake blog.

Immediately following this, my good friend and co-TV blogger, Julie (and now cupcake co-author), called me to see how Seattle was. I told her about my cupcake blog and unbeknownst to me, she had set up a web inquiry about where to find the best cupcakes in NYC. Clearly she was down for a cupcake blog to discuss.

Thus, 2007 was declared the Year of the Cupcake. And now this blog will be dedicated to the best cupcake shops in the country, the best cupcake recipes, and any other super cupcake stories you'd all like to share.

And just in case I had any doubts about this, I received this as a gift in the mail from a friend a few days ago:




I have had my cupcake today, thank you very much. But more on that later.

No comments: